Welcome to our first blog !! Do you need to move your piano but you are not sure how it works? Have you got a bunch of questions but you don’t know who to ask? Check this article and feel free to get in touch if you need any more help. Removing an upright or grand piano is a very delicate process and it is very important that you have a chat with the removal specialists you have chosen. We have a team of skilled and experienced specialists who will give you honest and effective answers to all of your questions.
Make sure you ask some questions and make sure you give them all the information required for them to do their job properly. Some of the things you might want to talk about with the piano moving company you have chosen are:
- 1- Ask if they provide insurance. A serious piano moving company always does.
- 2- Make sure the piano is transported safely.
- 3-Check with the piano movers if they need to dismantle the piano. Provide your piano moving company with all the relevant details and let them know if there are any access issues. If that’s the case, the piano might need to be dismantled, which is something that all professional piano movers know how to do. This is an extra service, and the company will let you know what they charge in advance.
- 4- Provide the piano movers with all the relevant information regarding the move
Here are some things to consider when choosing a piano removal company.
- 1-Check how many years of experience they have.
Practise makes perfect and that goes for everything. Moving a piano is something that takes experience, practice and skills.
- 2- Ask if they have a team of qualified people or a qualified team leader.
- 3- Ask for a quote.
When asking for a quote, please make sure you give all the important information. Moving a grand piano is more expensive than moving an upright piano. If the movers need to go up and down 5 flight of stairs for example, or if they need to dismantle the piano, the locations they need to get to.,if there are access issues or anything that can make the removal slightly more complicated must be taken into consideration when giving a quote. A straightforward piano move costs from £ 150 pounds.
- 4- Make sure the company send you an invoice and an email confirming the appointment. In the invoice, they should state their terms and conditions.
These are some of the most important points to take into consideration when moving a piano. Please remember each piano is unique and each job is different. If you think the piano might not fit in your new property or in your property if you are buying one for the first time, we can always come to assess the place.( quote will be provided ).